Exclusive and valuable. But elitist? Not at all. Search tools for manuscripts and personal papers
|No webinar date in the 2nd half of the year 2021|
The relevant reference tools for manuscripts and personal papers are introduced in this course. It is also the goal of the course to raise awareness of the collection of digitized manuscripts offered by the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek.
- Searching for manuscripts (and rare printed works) in the OPACplus/BSB catalogue – tips and tricks
- Introduction of the holdings of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek in the field of manuscripts and personal papers – we will also be pleased to focus on individual fields of interest at your request.
- Introduction of the printed catalogues (the majority of which has been made available digitally by now)
- Searching the Digital Collections
- Searching the research documentation database
- Further search tools, for example the database BSB-CodIcon Online on the illuminated manuscripts of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek
- Information on external databases (e.g. Kalliope)
Target groups: This webinar is directed predominantly to students, postgraduate students and scholars who work in the field of manuscripts and/or personal papers and who wish to obtain an overview of the relevant information sources and search tools prior to visiting the reading room.
Link to the webinar room:
(You are asked to assign any desired guest name.)
(The webinar will be held in German.)
Please allow for around 1.5 hours duration of the course.
Access to the webinar room will be enabled 15 minutes before the scheduled start.