Simplified registration process for the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek
In view of the current situation, we offer a simplified registration process for those who are 18 years or older.
- You can download the so-called "Reversschein" (Acknowledgement of receipt, in German) from our website. Please fill it in and sign it
Reversschein (PDF for download, 86 KB)
- Please scan or photograph this "Reversschein" and send it to the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, for example as a PDF file via e-mail to the address:
- Additionally, please scan or photograph the following documents. Please ensure good legibility.
a. Both sides of your valid personal ID with registered current place of residence in Germany
(in the case of foreign personal IDs possibly with a current confirmation of place of residence of your community's registry office) OR
b. Valid passport, together WITH confirmation of place of residence by your municipality
c. If you don’t have a current confirmation of place residence, the library’s employees can ascertain your address at the residents’ registration office.
d. Students need to submit also their valid confirmation of enrolment (alternatively a copy of the valid student identity card).
e. Non-EU residents need to scan or photograph both sides of their residence title and/ or visa in addition.
- Once we receive these documents, we will create an account that will be valid until 31 July 2020. Possibly, we will extend this validity period.
- You will receive your login credentials (user number and password) via e-mail (not encrypted).
- Once the library is reopened, you can visit the registration office of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek and obtain your reader pass. Please bring the original documents with you. Your library account will be unblocked if necessary, its validity will be extended and you will be able to use the all of the services of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, including borrowing books.
Information on data protection with respect to registration for use (in German) (PDF, 121 KB)
Last updated: 23 April 2020