BSB Reading Room Reservation
Using the app BSB Reading Room Reservation is an easy and fast way for you to reserve your place in the General Reading Room of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek.
Select the date and time, the duration of the reservation and the desired desk. Up to five dates can be reserved in advance. When you enter the General Reading Room at the start of the reservation period in question, you will find a display with your personal check-in code at the reserved reading desk. In this way, you can check in on site, keep your work place blocked out for other users by using a break function, and you can check out again at any desired time.
- Select date, time and duration of the reservation.
- Select your preferred work place.
- Up to 5 dates can be reserved in advance.
- Make reservations up to two weeks in advance.
- The app can be used for checking in and checking out.
- Use the break function to keep up the reservation of your work place.
A valid reader pass of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek is required for using the app.
The reader pass will be checked upon entry. Therefore, please have your reader pass at hand for presentation without further request.
Access cannot be granted without reader pass.
Please enable push messages and tracking of the location of your device, to be able to use location-dependent functions.
- The maximum number of 5 simultaneous bookings is the limit for all reservations made via the app and the booking calendar together.
- It is not admissible to make multiple reservations for the same day.
- When the reserved time slot has expired, you have to leave the reading room. It is not permitted to stay or move to other areas of the reading room, even if there are unoccupied reading desks there.
- Proof of vaccination, recovery or testing (3G) is required for access to the building.
Please show this at the entrance without being asked.
Please note that access to the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek is possible only on condition that you wear a medical mask (e.g. surgical mask). However, the face mask may be taken off at the working places in the reading rooms.