Regional State Libraries in Bavaria
The regional State Libraries form part of Bavaria's academic library system. They are subordinated to the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek in the organisation structure.
Each of the regional State Libraries is primarily bound to a specific region. This allocation determines its essential tasks. Among these tasks there is for example the provision of the city and the region with information and literature.
The libraries own valuable old and special collections, such as medieval and/or modern-age manuscripts, valuable printed books since the 15th century (incunabula), graphics and personal papers. A large part of these materials is important to research, not only on a regional level, but also on a national and international level.
- Staatliche Bibliothek Amberg (Regional State Library Amberg)
- Staatliche Bibliothek Ansbach (Regional State Library Ansbach)
- Hofbibliothek Aschaffenburg (Court Library Aschaffenburg)
- Staats- und Stadtbibliothek Augsburg (State and City Library Augsburg)
- Staatsbibliothek Bamberg (Bamberg State Library)
- Landesbibliothek Coburg (Regional State Library Coburg)
- Studienbibliothek Dillingen (Dillingen College Library)
- Staatliche Bibliothek Neuburg a. d. Donau (Regional State Library Neuburg an der Donau)
- Staatliche Bibliothek Passau (Regional State Library Passau)
- Staatliche Bibliothek Regensburg (Regional State Library Regensburg)