World maps and street plans of cities all around the world, topographic and topical maps, atlases, panoramas, bird's eye view maps, facsimiles and electronic resources, etc. – 265,000 publications with around 273,000 holdings records of the participating libraries. Read more...
- The direct entry provides you with quick access to a selection of the most important and frequently used catalogues and databases.
- The links guide you directly to the search interface of the search tools. Please note that you need your BSB user number and your password for external access (to non-freely accessible databases).
- Central tools such as the OPACplus permit inputting the search request also directly in the corresponding search slot.
- Upon selecting a particular search tool, a brief description of the respective contents is displayed.
- A "more" link provides further information about the content of the catalogues and databases and/ or search tips, where required.
- If you have any questions about catalogues and databases or search strategies, our staff at the information counters, the online inquiry service or our telephone inquiry service (+49 89 28638-2322) will be pleased to be of assistance. Please note that we cannot perform the actual search on your behalf, though. Thank you for your understanding.
We are always looking for ways to facilitate the search among and use of our collections.
A handout contains information on the following topics:
- Map search
- Bibliographic data
- Copyright & citation of maps
- Use & services
Maps and atlases: Tips for searching (PDF, 2.97 MB)