About the new website
The central contents of the fields of activity of the consulting center have been pooled in the form of eight icons, each of which leads to further subdivided contents. Clicking on the icon in question opens the sub-page. Alternatively, the navigation bar can be used. Clicking on the OeBIB.de logo takes the user back to the home page.
A new feature is the responsive web design which adapts to the terminals of the users.
The team of the Consulting Center for Public Libraries is looking forward to receiving your feedback, comments and ideas on the new website.
About the Consulting Center for Public Libraries
Via the state-run Consulting Center (Landesfachstelle), the Free State of Bavaria promotes the establishment and the development of the public libraries in all parts of the state within the meaning of the state development programme. The government support is offered in the form of funding and technical counselling services. The Consulting Center is a department of the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek. It is subdivided into a central department in Munich and associated branch offices in Nuremberg, Regensburg and Würzburg.
The Consulting Center has the following tasks:
- Planning, coordination and distribution of funding for institutions of public librarianship in Bavaria in line with the principles specified by the State Ministry
- Consultation of and cooperation with library parent institutions and public libraries with respect to planning, coordination and further development of libraries, including reading and literature promotion
- Issuing and conveyance of specialised information and work directions
- Surveying and evaluation of library-statistical data
- Professional training and further training of librarians in cooperation with other training and further education institutions