Specialised Information Service for Classical Studies – Propylaeum
|Funding||German Research Foundation (DFG)|
|Project term||First project phase:|
01/01/2016 – 31/12/2018
Second project phase:
01/01/2019 – 31/12/2021
Third project phase:
01/01/2022 – 31/12/2024
|Project partners||Bayerische Staatsbibliothek|
University Library Heidelberg
Within the scope of the DFG programme "Fachinformationsdienste für die Wissenschaft" (Specialised Information Services for Science and Scholarship), the University Library of Heidelberg and the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek are continuously developing further their services for providing the specialist community of classical scholars with literature and information. The information and service portal Propylaeum is the central platform for the comprehensive service portfolio.
In tune with the academic field, the following areas will form particular focal points during the next three years:
- Provision of information resources
- Enhancement of the subject-specific information infrastructure of Propylaeum/ PropylaeumSEARCH
- Electronic publishing in open access – Propylaeum e-publishing
- Sustainability for excellent specialist information
- Linked Open Data – "Digital Classics"
- Scholarly communication, public relations activities, marketing
The Bayerische Staatsbibliothek is in charge of the subject areas of ancient history, ancient near eastern studies, Byzantine studies, classical philology, medieval and new Latin philology and prehistory and early history. The University Library of Heidelberg is responsible for the fields of Egyptology and classical archaeology.